Rentals of the Mays Family Center are available October 1st -April 30th each year. To book a tour and to get more information, please contact the Events Department at 210.357.1866 or email at Events@wittemuseum.org
The Mays Family Center is on track to achieve LEED certification in 2019. In addition to sustainable initiatives incorporated into the architectural design, the building is operated and maintained to ensuring minimal impact to the surrounding natural environment. The Mays Family Center sets an example of how regionally appropriate strategies can conserve resources and have a positive impact on the building site and surrounding watershed.
- No potable water is used for landscape irrigation. This is accomplished through use of native plantings that require little water, and by using recycled water for irrigation.
- Materials with recycled and regional content were prioritized and used throughout the project.
- 98% of construction waste was diverted from the landfill.
- Energy use was reduced by 17% over the code baseline for museum buildings.
- 65% of the site is protected open space.