Encounter history and health and wellness with professional actors through live 20 minute Gallery Theater performances at the South Texas Heritage Center and the H-E-B Body Adventure.
Join museum educators for daily, healthy cooking demonstrations in the H-E-B Body Adventure, and stop by River Alive! for a guided exploration of invertebrate life in the San Antonio River.
Free with museum admission
For schedules and performances start times call 210.357.1910.
Health and Wellness Gallery Theater
These 20 minute gallery theater performances explore principals of health and wellness. You’ll have the opportunity to meet:
- Peristaltic Plumber – Discover the way food travels through the body and how the body is nourished.
- Captain Calcium – Explore how our bones keep us moving and what we should do to keep them healthy.
- Choosy Chef – What does your nose know? The Choosy Chef explores the sense of smell through scents, ordors and aromas.
Fresh from the Garden
Sample healthy and tasty cooking demonstrations snacks in the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Demonstration Kitchen.
Get your hands wet while exploring the aquatic life of the San Antonio River at the River Alive! touch tank, a self-guided permanent investigation station. Find out about the invertebrates that call the river home and why water quality is important to our health and the health of the river.
Gallery Theater & Will Smith Amphitheater
Encounter history first-hand through these live 20 minute performances:
- La Chili Queen y El Serrano
- Vaquero y Cowboy: A Campfire Conversation
- 1838: A Moment Between Wars
- Longhorn Connections
Ropes and Brands
Explore the ways cowboys and vaqueros use ropes.
Find out who the Bean Wrangler is and what he might carry in a chuckbox.
Dressing for the Job
Try on chaps, boots and hats to find out how cowboys and vaqueros protect themselves.
For schedules and performances start times, please call 210.357.1910.